Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Draft Waste Local Plan January 2022
9. Monitoring and Implementation
9.1. The Joint draft Waste Local Plan has been prepared using a wide-ranging evidence base to set the context and focus for the delivery of our strategic policies and objectives. Regular monitoring in accordance with the NPPF is essential to ensure that our policies are effective and consistently applied. This will also help us to see when or where specific policies or targets may need to be revised and to respond to any changes in national policy or legislation or changes in local circumstances.
9.2. Achieving our objectives and implementing the policies within the Joint Draft Waste Local Plan rely on the actions of not just the County and City Councils and the waste industry but also the district councils, local communities and businesses and the voluntary sector. It is therefore important that there is a clear understanding of who will deliver the relevant waste management infrastructure and any supporting measures set out in the Joint Draft Waste Local Plan and the relevant timescale.
9.3. The Localism Act 2011 requires the production of monitoring reports. Details of what this must contain are set out in The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 with further guidance in the National Planning Policy Guidance.
- The County Council produces a monitoring report each year to review progress in preparing the new planning policy documents that will make up the development framework
- How well existing waste planning policies are working
- New national or other relevant policy guidance that needs to be taken into account
- Updates in local social, economic and environmental indicators that may influence existing and future minerals and waste policies.
- We have therefore developed a comprehensive monitoring and implementation framework to help us achieve this.
9.5. Appendix 1 contains a detailed monitoring and implementation table which sets out the policies, performance indicators and triggers for monitoring.
Appendix 1 - Monitoring and Implementation Framework for the draft Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Waste Local Plan